Who doesn’t want a luxury gourmet kitchen that they can feel like a celebrity chef in while preparing meals everyday? Well, what’s stopping you from making your dream kitchen become a reality?
If you say a luxury budget, join the masses of homeowners who would love to own the amenities of a dream kitchen without the price tag. There are ways to save money on your kitchen makeover and still get the look and feel of a dream kitchen oasis. Whether you hire a kitchen designer or you opt to do it yourself, here are tips to get that gorgeous kitchen!
Photo credit: J W Homes
Save money where it won’t be noticed: Whether we believe it or not, money can be saved in finishes and materials that probably won’t be noticed by the average eye. Some helpful substitutions are listed here:
- Change the finish on your cabinets. Instead of choosing an exotic hardwood variety, consider a lower grade to save extra dollars.
- Reduce the quantity of cabinets you use in your kitchen. Remove one or two at the end of a wall and leave the area open for hanging artwork or extending your tile backsplash up the wall.
- Substitute an island full of cabinets with a table or a repurposed piece of furniture that can substitute as an island. The omission of cabinets will increase your savings on your entire kitchen makeover.
- Consider open shelving as opposed to closed cabinetry and doors.
- Instead of tiling a tall backsplash, consider only tiling a shorter backsplash off of the counter and paint the remaining wall.
Assess your budget: Before you start your kitchen makeover, set a budget for each phase of the project. If you are hiring a kitchen design professional, you may be able to save money on repetitive and costly contractor mistakes. While if you are doing it yourself, ensure you factor money and time in for mishaps, materials and labor costs for contractors. There will always be pros and cons of each side; determine what your comfortability level is and budget accordingly.
Photo credit: Seeking Alpha
While your budget can help you decide what to put in your kitchen, it shouldn’t be a hindrance on your design ideas. Use these tips to help you scale back on your kitchen design budget, but still achieve a gorgeous dream kitchen in the end to enjoy for years into the future.
Photo credit top: Pinterest